Palming reading is a very old form of divination that is still practiced throughout the world by many different cultures.
Rudimentary palm reading can be done by just about anyone who takes the time learn the basics. Expert palm readers, known as palmists, however will typically examine the hand in much greater detail when conducting a reading. In addition to the major lines found on the palm, expert palmists will also take into consideration such things as the overall shape of the hand, the lengths of the fingers, minor lines and the various shapes they form, and even scars. Some palmists also rely on psychic intuition. Instead of focusing exclusively on the physical details of the hand, a psychic palmist may also use the sense of touch of the hand itself to focus on a person’s energy.
Whichever methodology of palm reading you choose to use is entirely up to you. Different methodologies work differently for different types of readers. To get you started, here are some basics everyone should know:
Right hand or left hand?
This is a question you will have to determine for yourself. The traditional view in palm reading is that the dominant hand, in most cases the right hand, is the hand that is always changing. It is a hand of action, a hand that changes, and a hand that builds things. As such, it is believed to represent our present state in terms of the life we have created for ourselves.
The right hand is also controlled by the left side of the brain. This is the analytical part of the mind that controls reason, speech and logic which are all masculine traits. For this reason, many palmists prefer to use the right hand when reading for men.
The left hand is assumed to be the static or passive hand. It is the hand that we are born with and is far less active, as such, is much more resistant to change. It is also controlled by the right half of the brain which is the creative, spiritual and emotional half of the mind. These are all feminine traits. For this reason, many palmists prefer to use the left hand when reading for women.
Alternatively, you can just select the dominant hand. Many palmists also believe that the two hands are connected to each other. Any influence represented on one hand will ultimately show up on the other given enough time.
The Seven Types of Hands in Palm Reading.
In palm reading, there are seven distinct hand types that each carry there own personality traits:
Square Hand – The center three fingertips tend to be of equal length and the shape of the palm is almost perfectly square.
Square palmed people tend to be practical, consistent and self-reliant.
Spatulate Hand – Very broad, short, fingers, often of equal length, that appear short compared to the palm.
Spatulate palmed people tend to be outgoing personality types who are risk takers. They also are generous and want to help others.
Conical Hand – Narrow, tapering, fingers that form a point when closed. Fingers also tend to be shorter than the palm.
Conical palmed people can be impulsive by nature and tend to be moody and ruled by their emotions. They don’t deal well with stressful situations.
Knotty Hand – Short and imperfect fingers with a long palm.
Knotty palmed people are intellectual and tend to be logical in their way of thinking.
Pointed – Very long and slender fingers and palm.
Pointed palmed people have a strong admiration for the arts, fashion and beauty. As true romantics, they can at times get carried away with their passions.
Elemental Hand – Short, heavy, fingers and compact palm.
Elemental palmed people tend to be very practical in nature and although they are not usually very inventive thinkers, they can be great leaders or managers.
Mixed Hand – Well proportioned hand with equal length fingers and palm.
Mixed palmed people tend to be well balanced in their character traits. They can have many of the same strengths and weaknesses of the other palm types, but rarely to any extreme.
The Lines of the Palm.
Understanding the many lines of the palm and the meanings of the many shapes and cross patterns they can form can get extremely complex. For the beginning palm reader though, a great place to start would be to learn the meanings of the seven primary lines.
CLICK TO ENLARGE
- Life Line. The Life Line represents a person’s overhaul health and physical well being. It is believed that any break or flaw in the Life Line often reflects an injury of physical ailment. Some mistakenly believe that the overall length of a person’s Life Line correlates to the length of their life expectancy. However, most palmists reject this theory.
- Head Line. The Head Line represents a person’s mind and intellectual capabilities. This can include the way a person thinks, their capabilities to learn, and their level of interest in intellectual pursuits. It can also point towards whether some is creative or logical in their ways of thinking.
- Heart Line. The Heart Line represents a person’s heart in both a physical and emotional sense. In this regard, a strong Heart Line can indicate strong cardiac health as well as a person’s emotional state such as whether they are romantic in nature or may be suffering from anxiety or depression.
- Girldle of Venus. The Girdle of Venus relates to a person’s charisma. It represents a person’s ability to use their emotional skills to influence others.
- Sun Line. The Sun Line is believed to be an indicator of a person’s representation in society. This can refer to both their popularity or disdain by others.
- Mercury Line. The Mercury Line mainly refers to a person’s business and communication skills. Sometimes it can also be an indicator of an ongoing health issue.
- Fate Line. The Fate Line represent’s a person’s overall Life Path. It can show the results of decisions they made in the past as well as many of the obstacles they face during the course of their lifetime. It is also believed to be an overall indicator as to whether a person is control of their own fate or whether their fate controls them.
Psychic Palm Reading.
Using psychic skills to conduct a palm reading can be very different from actually palmistry and the study of details found on the hand. While a psychic palm reader will often take some elements of palmistry into consideration, they usually rely more heavily on their intuitive skills as a psychic. These readings are performed by the psychic taking the persons hand in theirs. Through the sense of touch, the psychic can then tune into the energy of the person being read.
Whether you decide to learn palmistry, rely on your psychic skills, or use a combination of both, is only a decision you can make for yourself. Study and expatriation is the best way to know for certain which works best for you.
©2011 bestonlinepsychics.com. All Rights Reserved.